Himalayan Crystal Salt Lamps are a wonderful addition to any indoor space. The lamps offer a comforting, warm glow while providing a soothing ambiance.
These lamps are natural ionizers and air cleansers as they emit negatively charged ions, which, research has shown, have health benefits for us. One of the most significant advantages of having a salt lamp is that it offers protection from harmful electromagnetic radiation.
Electromagnetic radiation is made up of invisible force fields which can have a detrimental effect on our beings, potentially weakening our immune systems, throwing us off balance, increasing susceptibility to stress, causing insomnia and disturbed cardiac patterns. These effects should not be underestimated. In extreme cases, electromagnetic radiation can facilitate unexplained health symptoms.
Our modern environments seem to be becoming increasingly bombarded with unhelpful electromagnetic frequency sources, including cell phone towers, computers, televisions, microwaves and air conditioners. It is not only wise, it is essential, to protect your self and your family from these frequencies.
Negative Ions have been found to reduce and clear the symptoms of asthma, hay fever, and sinus problems. Negative ions seem to have a positive effect on the sleep hormone melatonin, and help to balance the serotonin levels in the blood. This helps to induce a restful, relaxed and peaceful state of being. Improved sleep is often one of the first benefits that people notice after they have introduced a salt lamp into their bedroom.
Places to Use:
- In offices placed tastefully or on a desk next to a computer
- In a bedroom next to the bed (excellent as night light for children)
- In a lounge as a feature or next to a television
- In reception areas of buildings to create a welcoming ambience
- In a kitchen next to a fridge, microwave, blender or juicer
- In gyms or sports clubs to enhance recovery from exercise
- In health spas to cleanse the air and create a comforting vibe
- In massage rooms to create a peaceful ambience
- In meditation rooms to enhance alpha brain wave state
- In hotel rooms to cleanse the air of odors and dust
- In hospitals to enhance the healing process
- In waiting rooms to calm and relax patients
- In smoking areas to clear the smoke from the air
Care and Maintenance:
- Himalayan Crystal Salt Lamps require very little care and maintenance. If you feel like you wish to wipe your lamp intermittently, switch it off and wipe it with a slightly damp cloth. This does not tend to be necessary though, as the salt seems to be self cleansing. The idea is to leave the lamps switched on permanently to maintain a continuous source of beneficial negative ions.
- If a lamp is switched off for an extended period (a few days or longer), it is recommended that the lamp is covered with an air tight bag. This will ensure that the lamp is sealed off from the moisture in the surrounding atmosphere, keeping it dry. Himalayan Crystal Salt is highly hygroscopic, which means that it naturally attracts moisture from the air. With the lamp switched on, any moisture is consistently evaporated and does not have a chance to accumulate. However, if a globe goes or the lamp is left switched off, the moisture starts to accumulate, drip, create small pools of water and initiate a crystallization of the salt on the lamp and around the base.
- So, find the place in the room you feel that the lamp fits best, switch it on, and then leave it on permanently. One exception to this, is that, unless specifically being used as a comforting night light, lamps in a bedroom should be switched off at night, to ensure as dark a room as possible and facilitate melatonin production, ensuring a deeper, more restful sleep.